Influenster

Friday, August 8, 2014

Leopard print and confidence boosts.

This is day four of writing my face off. I am definitely having a love/hate relationship with today's prompt. But I'm excited to tackle it.

Day 4: "PHOTO POST: Red lipstick, skinny jeans, tall boots...take a photo and tell me about one item you've been afraid to rock....until now."


I'm basically the kind of girl who will try anything when it comes to fashion, style, hair, and make up. Style is pretty much the only area in which I am not afraid to take risks. I rock red lipstick on a regular basis. Skinny jeans and tall boots are wardrobe staples for me. And I'm equally comfortable in sun dresses, pencil skirts, and combat boots. It's all fun to me. I'll try anything once.

Leopard print it another love of mine. I fell in love with it in the sixth grade and I've never looked back. Even now in my late twenties I own leopard print tshirts, cardigans, ballet flats, purses, scarves, and even a leopard print pencil skirt. I have no fear of rocking any of those pieces. And then there is THE DRESS. I don't know what to say about THE DRESS. I saw it in a store well over a year ago and instantly fell in love. I ran to the dressing room with my lovely leopard print high/low dress in hand, tried it on, and instantly deemed it worthy. A year and a half later it's still sitting unworn in my closet. I don't know what it is. Everything about it screams, "BRITTANY", yet I can't bring myself to wear it. I feel like it's unflattering. Maybe it's the raffle trim. Maybe it just makes me feel like I look bigger than I am. Maybe I feel overwhelmed in the bold pattern because I'm so damn short and it's so flowy and big. Most likely it's all of the above. But I'm about to put that all aside.

Meet THE DRESS-


See...a rather lovely dress. Yet still she sits unworn. 

So I decided to gather up every scrap of confidence I have and rock the hell out of this baby because, why not. So here goes...




So, I did it. And even if I don't think it's the "Oh my god!" most flattering dress I own, I'm really glad I did. Stepping out of my comfort zone and rocking something I didn't think I had the confidence to wear proved to be a really great experience for me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment